USC’s social commitment with the principle of gender equality led it to be one of the pioneers in the creation of the Gender Equality Office (OIX) in 2006.
The USC has a II Strategic Plan for Equal Opportunities between men and women (approved by the Governing Council of the 16th of December 2013), which will be in force for 5 years.
The operation areas of the Plan are the following:
1.USC policies: activities which promote awareness raising and institutional commitment with gender equality and mainstreaming
2. Training, teaching and research: inclusion of gender perspective in teaching and research.
3. Existence, promotion and representation: promotion of equal opportunities in the career development of the USC’s staff and a balanced presence and involvement of men and women in the degrees and governance bodies.
4. Conciliation and shared responsibility: encouraging shared responsibility and claiming the right of conciliation
5. Harassment and sexist attitudes: creating a protocol on prevention and intervention, training and awareness rising against gender violence.
6. Social and healthcare conditions at work: introducing gender perspective in the prevention of occupational risks.